Effective Date: 4th November 2020
A warm welcome to Bluebox.Jobs. Your privacy is upmost important to Bluebox.Jobs. Please read and understand this Privacy Notice as it forms part of the Terms and Conditions of Use of the Bluebox.Jobs Services and the Bluebox.Jobs Websites.
This Privacy Notice explains-:
1. The type of personal information about a user which is processed by Bluebox.Jobs when a user uses the Bluebox.Jobs Services and/or the Bluebox.Jobs Websites;
2. How Bluebox.Jobs processes personal information about a user ;
3. The purposes for which Bluebox.Jobs collects and processes user’s personal information;
4. A user right to access and correct user’s personal information from time to time;
5. The Bluebox.Jobs may disclose a user’s personal information to a certain class of third parties when deemed necessary.;
6. When it is obligatory or voluntarily for a user to supply personal information. The consequences if the user failed to provide a user’s personal information correctly when it is obligatory to do so; and
In this Privacy Notice:-
“Bluebox.Jobs Profile” means the profile created by users of the Bluebox.Jobs Websites that may include personal information, resume and photo.
“personal information” is data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified from that data; or from that data and other information to which the organisation has or is likely to have access. Personal data in Singapore is protected under the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (PDPA).
“processing” includes but is not limited to collecting, holding, storing, recording, organizing, adapting, using, disclosing, correcting, destructing.
1. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
1. When a user register for the Bluebox.Jobs Services
1. Each time when a user registers with Bluebox.Jobs for any of the Bluebox.Jobs Services, the user will be asked to provide certain personal information about the user to create a Bluebox.Jobs Job Seeker account.
2. The personal information collected during the registration process includes but is not limited to the user’s email address, name, nationality, country of residence.
3. Whenever the personal information requested by Bluebox.Jobs are marked as “Required Field”, the user must provide and agree to the processing of this personal information by Bluebox.Jobs. If the user does not agree to provide this personal information and/or not agree to us processing it in the manner set out in this Privacy Notice, then Bluebox.Jobs will be unable to provide the relevant services to the user and the user’s application for such services will be rejected.
2. From the use of the Bluebox.Jobs Services and/or the Bluebox.Jobs Websites
1. We will collect personal information directly from the user when engaging with any of the Bluebox.Jobs Services and/or to use the Bluebox.Jobs Websites. The following are examples of personal information Bluebox.Jobs may collect directly from user:-
2. Date of birth;
3. Telephone number, mobile number or email address;
4. Your image;
5. Academic qualifications;
6. Identification documents given by the school/college/university/institute;
8. Personal interests and preferences;
9. Working experience;
10. Other information associated with a resume for job applications
2. If the user chooses to add referees to your Bluebox.Jobs Profile, Bluebox.Jobs will ask the user for their names, telephone numbers, emails, position titles and other relevant particulars. This information will be enclosed as part of the user’s job application. A potential employers may contact them to get references for the user’s applications.
3. If the user wishes to stop Bluebox.Jobs from processing this type of personal information about the user, Bluebox.Jobs will no longer be able to provide the relevant services to that user.
4. Bluebox.Jobs may seek user’s permission to post the user’s testimonial or success story. If the user agrees to post the user testimonial on Bluebox.Jobs Websites, the user should be aware that any personal information the user has submitted, it can be read, collected, or used by other users of the Bluebox.Jobs Websites and the user may receive unsolicited messages from third parties. If a user wishes to update or delete the testimonial, the user can contact us here.
3. When a user visit the Bluebox.Jobs Websites
1. When a user visits any Bluebox.Jobs Websites, our web servers automatically collect information about a user’s visit to these websites, including your Internet Protocol (IP) address, the time, date and duration of the visit. The user’s IP address is a unique identifier for the user’s computer or another access device
2. Bluebox.Jobs may track the user’s visits to any Bluebox.Jobs Websites by placing a “cookie” on user’s computer or another access device when user enter. Cookies are small text files that are placed on the user’s computer or another access device by websites that the user has visited. A cookie is widely used to make websites work, or work more effectively, as well as to provide information to the owners of the websites.
3. Cookies allow Bluebox.Jobs to save preferences for the user so that the user will not have to re-enter them the next time the user visit. Cookies also help Bluebox.Jobs collect anonymous click stream data for tracking user trends and patterns. Bluebox.Jobs may use the anonymous click stream data to help the Advertiser to deliver better-targeted advertisements.
4. Cookies can be removed by following directions provided in your internet browser’s “help” file. Certain websites will not function properly if the user sets the user your internet browser to not accept cookies.
5. Bluebox.Jobs also uses clear gifs in its HTML-based emails to find out which emails have been opened by the recipients. This allows Bluebox.Jobs to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and the effectiveness of its marketing campaigns.
2. PURPOSES OF COLLECTING AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
1. The purposes for which Bluebox.Jobs processes user personal information are as follows:-
1. To verify your real identity of a user;
2. To assess and/or verify employability and creditworthiness of a user;
3. To provide the Bluebox.Jobs Services which user has requested for;
4. To administer and manage the Bluebox.Jobs Services provided to our user;
5. To contact a user in respect of Bluebox.Jobs Services and job opening;
6. To facilitate the provision to any user-tailored educational offerings and improve user’s career prospects by supplying user’s information to our strategic partners;
7. To improve placement opportunities for users including through using artificial intelligence (“AI”) and data analytics concerning users’ personal information to improve the ability of Bluebox.Jobs to better assist a user in linking, connecting and finding appropriate opportunities and to assist Employers to assess the suitability of candidates for job vacancy for a wide spectrum of jobs and industries; or
8. or for tailoring specific services to users;
9. To verify user’s academic and professional qualification by contacting the school/college/university/institute/ professional qualifying bodies;
10. To contact the referee and/or the guarantor whom details have been provided by the users;
11. To process users’ order for the Bluebox.Jobs Services which users have requested;
12. To investigate, review and resolve any of the Bluebox.Jobs Services, billing queries, complaints or other enquiries that you submit to Bluebox.Jobs regarding Bluebox.Jobs Services;
13. To manage staffs training and quality assurance;
14. To monitor and improve the performance of the Bluebox.Jobs Websites and the Bluebox.Jobs Services;
15. To maintain and develop the Bluebox.Jobs Websites and Bluebox.Jobs Services;
16. To gain a better understanding of users’ information and communication needs for Bluebox.Jobs to enhance and customize the Bluebox.Jobs Services;
17. To conduct research and development and statistical analysis in connection with the Bluebox.Jobs Services to identify trends and develop new services that reflect users’ interests; Bluebox.Jobs can better understand users’ browsing preferences on the Bluebox.Jobs Websites so that Bluebox.Jobs can tailor content accordingly to users;
Bluebox.Jobs collects the company name, business address and billing address of Advertisers. It also collects the name, email address and phone number of a primary contact (also referred to on the Site as the ‘administrator’). Advertisers can choose to add additional users to their account, in which case Bluebox.Jobs will collect the name and email address of those other users. Advertisers can change the company name, billing address, or any other details by contacting the designated Account Manager. Bluebox.Jobs uses these details to manage user’s account, including sending Advertisers applications of Candidates, contacting Advertisers if there is an issue with their job ad and organizing payment and invoicing of the account.
18. To detect and prevent fraudulent activity.
2. Users are not able to limit the processing of user’s personal information for the purposes set out in Clause 2.1 above. If the user does not consent or allow Bluebox.Jobs processing user personal information for the said purposes, a user must terminate user agreement with Bluebox.Jobs for the Bluebox.Jobs Services and stop using the Bluebox.Jobs Websites.
3. Bluebox.Jobs may use users’ personal information for the following purposes:-
1. To promote and market to users:
1. Other Bluebox.Jobs Services; or
2. Services of third parties which Bluebox.Jobs thinks may be of interest of the user;
2. To send user seasonal greeting messages, birthday messages, and/or message informing user of a critical performance error in the Bluebox.Jobs Websites and/or the Bluebox.Jobs Services.
3. To send users tips, advice, job recommendation, and survey information to maximize users career development including but not limited to using the Bluebox.Jobs Services and/or the Bluebox.Jobs Websites.
4. Bluebox.Jobs will ask for user’s consent before processing user’s personal information other than those set out in Clauses 2.1 and 2.3.
3. BLUEBOX.JOBS PROFILE
1. Bluebox.Jobs gives users the option of putting users Bluebox.Jobs Profile in the Bluebox.Jobs Resume Database provided that the user use Bluebox.Jobs’s preset format for uploading user’s information. There are two ways of doing so:-
1. Users can store users’ Bluebox.Jobs Profile in the Bluebox.Jobs Resume Database, but not allow it to be searchable by potential Employers or Advertisers. Not allowing user’s Bluebox.Jobs Profile to be searchable means that user can use it to apply for a job online, but Employers or Advertisers will not have access to search it through the Bluebox.Jobs Resume Database.
2. Users can allow users’ Bluebox.Jobs Profile to be searchable by Employers or Advertisers. When user opts to make users’ Bluebox.Jobs Profile searchable, user’s full profile, resume and personal information will be visible to Employers or Advertisers who download users’ Bluebox.Jobs Profile from Bluebox.Jobs Resume Database.
2. Bluebox.Jobs uses its best effort to restrict and prevent access to the Bluebox.Jobs Resume Database except to those who have subscribed to the Bluebox.Jobs Services, these parties may retain a copy of users’ Bluebox.Jobs Profile in their files or databases.
3. Bluebox.Jobs will take all reasonable steps to ensure that parties other than those mentioned above will not, without Bluebox.Jobs’ consent, gain access to the Bluebox.Jobs Resume Database. However, Bluebox.Jobs is not responsible for the retention, use or privacy of Bluebox.Jobs Profile by any third parties.
4. Notwithstanding Clause 3.1, Bluebox.Jobs reserves the right to have full access to your Bluebox.Jobs Profile for the purpose set out in Clause 2.1 to perform Bluebox.Jobs Services.
4. CHOICE AND ACCESS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
1. User may have different privacy views and concerns. Bluebox.Jobs’ goal is to be clear of what information it collects, so that users can make meaningful choices about how it is used. For example:-
1. User can control who can have access to your personal information;
2. User may view, edit or delete user’s personal information and preferences at any time.
3. User may opt not to receive any marketing materials from Bluebox.Jobs;
4. User may also subscribe to additional Bluebox.Jobs Services by logging into a Bluebox.Jobs Job Seeker account;
5. User can delete the Bluebox.Jobs Job Seeker account at any time in which event Bluebox.Jobs will remove all access to user’s account, resume and Bluebox.Jobs Profile in the current database. The deletion of user’s Bluebox.Jobs Job Seeker account does not affect Bluebox.Jobs Profile that users had already sent to Employers or were previously downloaded by Employers or Advertisers.
5. RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
1. Bluebox.Jobs will retain the user’s personal information for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes set out in Clause 2 above and any legal or business purposes.
6. SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
1. Bluebox.Jobs is committed to keeping personal information secure from the third party. Bluebox.Jobs have appropriate technical, administrative and physical procedures in place to protect personal information from loss, theft and misuse, as well as against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Sensitive information (such as a credit card number) entered on our payment gateway services are encrypted during the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
2. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If users have any questions about security on our Web site, users can contact us here.
7. TO WHOM PERSONAL INFORMATION IS DISCLOSED
1. Personal information mentioned in Clause 1 above may be disclosed to the classes of third parties as follows for Bluebox.Jobs to effectively manage its business including to render the Bluebox.Jobs Services to users to achieve the purposes described in Clause 2:-
1. The Advertisers;
2. The Employers;
3. Third parties contracted by Bluebox.Jobs to assist Bluebox.Jobs in delivering all or part of the Bluebox.Jobs Services to you, including without limitation, to the following: -
1. Payment gateway services for optional services;
2. Profiling/assessment services;
3. Data storage, analytics and cloud services;
4. Online advertising services;
5. Mapping services;
6. Maintenance and repair services; and
4. Market research and website usage analysis services.
5. Strategic partners that work with Bluebox.Jobs to provide the Bluebox.Jobs Services or that help market and promote Bluebox.Jobs Services and/or Bluebox.Jobs Websites;
6. Strategic partners that provide ancillary services such as education offerings to improve users’ career prospects and/or professional qualifications.
7. The school/college/university/institute users have studied at and your referees to verify user’s academic qualification;
8. Professional qualifying bodies where users have obtained your accreditation;
9. Where users have log in to a Bluebox.Jobs Website using Facebook Connect – users’ Facebook friends who have also logged in into our site using Facebook Connect;
10. Regulatory bodies, governmental bodies or other authorities if required or authorized to do so to discharge any regulatory function, under any law or concerning any enforcement of an order or judgment of a court;
11. Regulatory bodies, governmental bodies or other authorities for detection or prevention of crime, illegal/unlawful activities or fraud or the apprehension or prosecution of offenders, or for an investigation relating to any of these;
12. Any party involved in or related to a legal proceeding (or prospective legal proceeding), for purposes of the legal proceedings;
13. Bluebox.Jobs’s professional advisors on a need to know basis for those advisors providing advice to Bluebox.Jobs;
14. Any third party which acquires all or part of the assets or business of Bluebox.Jobs (including accounts and trade receivables) for that third party continuing to provide all or that part of the Bluebox.Jobs Services which it acquired; and
15. Otherwise permitted under any data protection legislation.
2. Other than set out above, users will receive notice when personal information about you might go to third parties, and users will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
3. Bluebox.Jobs does not sell or rent any personal information collected to any other parties.
8. USER’S OBLIGATIONS REGARDING USER’S PERSONAL INFORMATION
1. Users are responsible for providing accurate, not misleading, complete and up-to-date information to Bluebox.Jobs about the user and any other person whose personal information user provide us and for updating this personal information as and when it becomes inaccurate, misleading, incomplete and out-of-date by contacting Bluebox.Jobs here.
9. TRANSFER OF USER’S PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE OF YOUR LOCAL JURISDICTION
1. It may be necessary for Bluebox.Jobs to transfer user’s personal information outside of user’s local jurisdiction if any of Bluebox.Jobs’s service providers or strategic partners (“overseas entities”) is involved in providing part of the Bluebox.Jobs Services.
10. LINKED SITES
1. Bluebox.Jobs Websites may contain links to third-party sites.
11. USERS’ CONSENT
1. In using the Bluebox.Jobs Services and/or the Bluebox.Jobs Websites, user’s consent to the collections and use of the personal information by Bluebox.Jobs in the ways described hereinabove (which may change from time to time) unless and until a user has informed Bluebox.Jobs to the contrary here.
2. Further, user consent to user’s referees, the school/college/university/institute where users have studied, the professional qualifying bodies where you received user accreditation and Employers to disclose your personal information to Bluebox.Jobs.
12. CONTACT INFORMATION
1. If user has questions or would seek any clarification about this Privacy Notice, please an email to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org. Bluebox.Jobs would request your name, phone number, email address and comments so that Bluebox.Jobs may respond to your concerns effectively and works to improve the Bluebox.Jobs Services and/or Bluebox.Jobs Websites.
Bluebox Pte Ltd
141 Cecil Street
REPUBLIC OF SINGAPORE
Published by Authority
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 7
The following Act was passed by Parliament on 15th October 2012 and assented to by the President on 20th November 2012:—
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION ACT 2012
(No. 26 of 2012)
20th November 2012.